About Us - Professional Services Group, Inc.
Professional Services Group (PSG) is a Wisconsin for-profit service corporation founded in 1982 to provide both traditional and non-traditional community-based treatment, support, education, supervision, and case management services for at-risk youth and their families. The goal and mission statement of PSG is "to provide cost effective and high quality services to our clients and to build a state of the art delivery system for those services."
PSG has built a reputation for excellence by providing a comprehensive array of services to otherwise under-served populations, and as a corporation, is committed to providing effective and innovative programming in the human services field. Since 1982, PSG has demonstrated the willingness and ability to collaborate across disciplines to develop and implement treatment and support services that are individually tailored to meet the needs of the community. PSG understands that successful collaborations are built on effective communication, consistent follow through, flexible, responsive programming, and the ability to problem-solve and compromise as the need arises.
Currently, PSG operates in seven counties throughout Wisconsin, and employs over 325 full and part time employees. These counties include Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee, Marathon, Portage, Winnebago, and Wood. As an agency, PSG has successfully developed and implemented over 100 community-based and group care programs ranging in scope from prevention programming for elementary aged children to intensive in-home mental health and substance abuse counseling for extreme risk families. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Vocational Assessment and Counseling
- Business Services
- Outpatient Mental Health Counseling
- Outpatient Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA)
- Delinquency Prevention/Intervention Services
- In-Home Family Treatment
- Electronic Monitoring/Home Detention
- Intensive Treatment/Supervision
- School Based Programming
- Crisis Intervention
- Intensive Aftercare Services
- Supervised Visitation
Professional Services Group is proud of it's ability to develop innovative programming.
- In conjunction with the Racine Police Department, the Racine County Human Services Department, and the Racine County District Attorney’s Office, PSG developed and implemented Community Panels, a program which gives first time juvenile offenders the option of appearing before a panel of community volunteers rather than entering the court system. This program has been presented at professional conferences around the state and was featured in the Wisconsin Public Televisions Peace Makers series.
- Career Assessment and Counseling: Through the Kenosha County Job Center, this program provides a wide range of assessment tools to measure reading and math levels, training potential, vocational abilities, computer skills, and work related interests and values. Both paper-and-pencil tests and computer software assessments are available. Psychological evaluations are also available for program referrals.
PSG is a multi-service community-based social services organization that fulfills its mission of helping individuals and families to achieve their greatest potential through dynamic, cost effective and innovative programming responsive to the needs of diverse communities. PSG provides:
- Outpatient treatment services including substance abuse and mental health treatments, peer education, training and outreach.
- Community-based services including intensive supervision, intervention, and prevention for at-risk and delinquent youth.
- Specialized workforce development and employment readiness services.
- Health promotion and harm reduction initiatives.
- Alternative educational programming and school-based advocacy designed to motivate students to continue their education.
- Specialized placement, support, recruitment and training of alternate care providers
These comprehensive programs promote the dignity, well-being, empowerment and stability of the individuals and families we serve throughout the communities in which we work.